Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Trader Who Named His Dog Buhari Has Been Realesed From Police Detention, See Why He Named His Dog Buhari

The trader who was arrested for naming his god Buhari, has explained why he choose the name for his dog. Speaking to Vanguard after this release, the trader, a father of two from the Niger Delta, who trades on second hand clothing lamented that he was made to suffer for no just cause. Explaining why he named his dog Buhari, he said:


  “I did not commit any offence. I named my beloved pet dog Buhari, who is my hero. My admiration for Buhari started far back when he was a military Head of State. It continued till date that he is a civilian President. After reading his dogged fight against corruption, which is like a canker worm eating into the very existence of this country, I solely decided to rename my beloved dog which I called Buhari, after him. I did not know that I was committing an offence for admiring Buhari".

I believe the name ''Buhari'' is not a customized or registered name with a right to president Buhari. In my opinion, any one if free to name his/her pet what so ever name they choose, and no offence what so ever should be taken.

I had known that president Buhari had nothing to do with the trader's arrest. However, those who are taking laws into their hands in the name of protecting the image of the president should seek caution and be cordial in disposition. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment