Thursday, June 4, 2015

Brazilian defender Dante reveals he wants to stay at Bayern Munich

Bayern Munich defender Dante insists he has no intention of leaving the reigning Bundesliga champions despite being linked with several top European clubs in recent weeks.

The 31-year-old found starting opportunities somewhat limited during the recently-completed season as Bayern boss Pep Guardiola preferred to partner Jerome Boateng and Medhi Benatia in central defence.

Dante's inability to cement a starting place in the heart of Bayern's backline has seen him linked with a move away from the Allianz Arena, with Manchester United, Juventus and his former club Borussia Monchengladbach reportedly interested in securing his services.

But Dante insists his future lies with the Bavarian club, whom he joined in 2012 on a four-year deal from Monchengladbach, and he points to the success he and Bayern have enjoyed as reason enough to stay and fight for his place.

'(I see my future) with FC Bayern,' he told the official Bundesliga website.
'I've been playing here for three years now and I know every single day how fortunate I am to be able to play for such a big club.

'I enjoy every day here. 'Just think, I've been in at least the semi-finals of the Champions League and the DFB-Pokal Cup in each of these three years, and won the Bundesliga each time.


'It can hardly get any better than that. I'll always give everything for this club’. Dante has two years remaining on his current Bayern contract after signing a one-year contract extension in March last year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment